Thursday 31 March 2016

Creature 1: Redesign



After speaking with Lynn about how I could use what I've learnt the past few weeks and apply them to creature 1, I started to redesign it. At first I wanted to change a little bit of the creature, mostly just the feet but I ended up changing the whole body. I began with the original silhouette and developed it from there. It is easier to see the weight distribution of the animal when it's just the silhouette.
I took inspiration from a Parasaurolophus, which is a herbivore dinosaur who also carries a lot of weight. I wanted to give this creature more fat around the feet and legs to act as shock absorbers due to its huge size. It's legs are now a lot stronger for charging at competitors or predators. The final creature is the last silhouette; this creature is now a lot more balanced. 
Next I will be creating the skeleton, muscle structure and the final renders for this creature. I don't think I will be able to do full turnaround sheets because of time constraints but I will do my best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment