Tuesday 26 January 2016

Front and Back views


Before completing a turnaround sheet, I've created some studies of the front and back views for my creature. During a group meeting with Simone and several other students, the main comment that I had was that there was a lot of side views of my creature (apart from my sketches). Therefore I have taken on their advice and created front and back views of the skeleton, muscle structure and the creature fully rendered out.








Above is a skeleton view, front and back. The same skeleton is to the right but with outlines of the muscle structure. I didn't completely draw the creature with all four legs, the rest of the body etc as it would of been difficult to read and taken the viewers attention away from where I wanted them to focus.













Here is the same muscle structure but rendered out a little bit. I also added in the head just to give the viewer a bit of context, but like I've said, I haven't added in the rest of the body because it would of made the image difficult to read. 
Normally this creature would only hold its head this high if it was on high alert, because of the weight it has to hold and the energy it uses up. But for this blog post on the front and back muscles I have this creature holding up its head so the viewer is able to see it. 



In this image, it is the creature rendered out its muscles and a thin layer of skin. This is to show my process of building the creature from the skeleton up. I intend to use this method of rendering on the rest of my creatures within this project.
Also, the tail has been cut off because I want the viewer to be able to see the muscles. With the tail being so large it would of taken up a bit of the image so its but cut off temporarily.

This is the fully rendered out creature, apart from the colour. I decided to show only the female as with the male, they have a thick mane around their neck so obviously it would of covered a lot of the muscle structure that I wanted to show. The males still have the mane but for this post I'm only showing a female.


Although I like this colour scheme, I don't think it would be appropriate for the environment that this creature lives in. I will possibly use this colour pallet in the future on a creature where its more appropriate.
The reasons why I don't think the colour will work is because of the pink and blue tones. The environment that they live in is very hot and dry, they spend most of their lives searching for food or defending their own grasslands. Because the weather is so hot a lot of the grass is a tan colour. Only grass near water sources like a river will have lush green grass.

I like this colour scheme the best, it has both speckles and stripes to confuse predators whether there are multiple of this creature, or on their own. The red/brown colour will have them when roaming through dry lands in search of food. When they have plenty of food, they gain their strength, meaning that they are able to defend themselves more easily than if they were stranded and weak searching for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment