Monday 11 April 2016

Meeting with my supervisor


For my meeting today with Lynn, I showed her my redesigns of creature 1. She liked them and gave me some advice for their structure such as their head might be too low and the mane on the male is not reading too well. She suggested I try to get these fixed and to look up some refs of messy fur such as a lions mane and tail.
I also showed her my WIP of my final piece for creature 3. She liked the setting but said I need to think about the colour temperature more. She suggested adding in more white to the painting, as a lot of it had high contrast, especially with the pink coral. Also I'm recently getting into the bad habit of blurring background objects as doing this losses all the detail in the paint. Lynn suggested that have two layers of the same object, blurring one and with the other layer on top, try to edit in some of the detail that I want. Fortunately I still had the original layer for one of the coral, so I'll be editing that too.  

Overall, most of my work is polishing it and getting it ready for the book. We will be meeting again, same time next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment