Tuesday 12 April 2016

Creature 1: Redesign part 2













After the suggestions during my meeting with Lynn, I did some redesigning. I redid the fur on the males neck and used a reference to make it look more matted and thicker because the last design didn't read very well. Lynn also suggested that I tried putting fur on the end of their tails like lions, however, lions use their tail to swat flies away and the fur helps. With these creatures, their tail is for counter balance and it has very limited movement that it could not be able to use it to swat flies. That is why I left that out because to be it wouldn't work and would not make sense.
The neck in the last designs was also a bit low, so I moved it higher. It was a subtle change but I think it worked well. Overall I really like how this redesign turned out. It is a lot better than the previous creature 1 designs and I would be proud to show it off at the degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment