Monday 14 December 2015

Visual Diary





























In the back of the book If it's Purple, someone's gonna die by Patti Bellantoni, there is an exercise of feeling your emotions at the time or in a specific memory and painting down the colours that you feel. I did this at the end of the day for about a week; I'll not go into too much detail as to what I was feeling but there was general anxiety of uni work, the excitement of going home for a break and general stress of working part time too. I really enjoyed this exercise and I'll hopefully have time to do this sort of experiment again.

Other notes and quotes from reading the book were the observation of the strength of colour.

"Studies show that the paler a colour is, the more powerless it is."

In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy's pale blue pinafore isn't a strong enough colour to help her through her journey. However, the ruby red shoes are. I found this really interesting and could possible use it for my creature designs. It will be the most useful during a plot rather than just character designs but it is something I can think about when designing my creatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment