Thursday 12 November 2015

Neville Page



Originally, Neville Page worked in the industrial design industry working on a wide range of products such as medical goods and action figures. His work later brought him opportunities to work within film as a creature designer.
Films he work on included:
  • Star trek
  • Prometheus
  • Tron
  • Avatar 
  • Super 8
During an interview, Page stated that he uses inkblots drawn in Alchemy to help him create hundreds of images to show to the directors and work from there. The method was heavily used on the film Super 8. Z-Brush is heavily used by him to create his monsters too; again, he uses the mirror tool within the program to create head and full body sculpts. This is also something that I am interested in, it would be very beneficial to learn more 3D skills in software such as Z-Brush and possible experiment with creating some of my creatures within it.   

He also experimented with more symmetry by using Photo Booth on the mac by taking random everyday objects and mirroring them. Above is turkey mirrored in photo booth and the creature design result from that image. 

Overall he does a lot of research for each project he works on and experiments with different media and methods to create his creatures. I feel like I’m on the right track with my project from the experiments I have done so far as well as future experiments with my artwork.

Interview with Neville Page (where I got the turkey images)

Neville Page’s portfolio (where I got the images)

No comments:

Post a Comment